When the client called Ashton Group for this project, his home was under construction in Kings Creek Country Club. Joe met with the homeowner and the first stage of this project was the front yard, complete with Nicole doing their window box gardening for them!
The next phase was the severely sloping backyard. The requests to Joe were for an outdoor kitchen where the homeowner could host family and friends and serve all of them easily. He wanted a swimming pool. He asked for fire features so they could spend more time outside in the evening and after long days (and nights) in the restaurant business. Finally, the client requested a turf area that could be great for his young children to enjoy and also work for the guys to come over and play volleyball.
The homeowner of this property was looking for the entire package:
Outdoor Pizza Oven
Custom Pool and Spa
Fire Pit Area
Landscape and Landscape Lighting
Turf/ Play Area
Below, in detail, are the products and equipment used in this custom backyard project.
This outdoor kitchen is faced with Eldorado Stone – Cliff Stone – Boardwalk to blend with the rest of the hardscaping used throughout this back yard.
The homeowner chose the Twin Eagles brand for its high-performance grilling equipment. With the installation of the 36” grill head and teppanyaki griddle for multiple grill areas and a Twin Eagles outdoor refrigerator to keep food and drinks cold.
Outdoor Pizza Oven
Installing the Alfresco Outdoor Pizza Oven allows the homeowner to bake just about any food item you can imagine and store utensils or equipment in the Twin Eagles drawers below.
Perfect for any entertainer, this homeowner installed an outdoor bar area that includes a Twin Eagles speed rail for easy storing and pouring, area to store ice, as well as a Twin Eagles sink for easy cleanup.
Custom Pool and Tanning Ledge
The homeowner went with a large fiberglass pool and tanning ledge from Leisure Pools USA. This pool area is large enough for entertaining friends and family while relaxing on the tanning ledge.
Fire Pit Area
The fire pit area is the space for the homeowner to relax and enjoy a roasted marshmallow or two with the children and a cold beverage, made from the outdoor bar, with friends at night.
- 29” round fire pan for a propane fire feature
- Coping – Tuscany Beige Bull nose coping for the surface of the area
- Stone Veneer – Eldorado stone – Cliff Stone – Boardwalk for the fire pit as well as the surrounding area
- Paver Patio – Silver Travertine Pavers
We put in over 2,500 square feet of synthetic turf for this project. With this addition, we created an area for the family to play or practice.
It provided the homeowner with a resilient and easily kept surface for the whole family to enjoy.
- Stepping stones – Natural thermal cut bluestone pavers create a walkway through the back yard.
- Plants for project
- Pennisetum al. Hameln #3 – Dwarf Fountain Grass
- Carex Blue Zinger
- Sedum Autumn Joy – Red perennial
- Leucanthemum Becky – Daisy
- Hosta Blue Angel
- Heuchera Palace Purple – Coral Bells
- Salvia May Night – deep purple/blue perennial
- Perovskia Atriplicifolia – Russian Sage
- Coreopsis Moonbeam – Tickseed
- Ilex x aquipernyi Dragon Lady – Holly
- Juniperus chinensis Mountbatten – Chinese Juniper
- Ilex x meserveae Blue Princess – Holly
- Nandina Domestica
- Nandina Domestica Firepower
- Buxus micro winter gem