“All around, these guys are the BEST in their field! No other company took the time or effort to get to know us and find out exactly what we wanted.” – Jon R.
At Ashton Group at The Beach it is our mission to design and build the most unique and beautiful outdoor living spaces and custom in-ground swimming pools for our clients, while consistently exceeding their vision and expectations, all the while displaying professionalism, absolute honesty, and superior quality since 2003. Our passionate, award winning team of licensed and insured hardscape and pool designers, architects, and friendly staff are here to offer you the best in customer service, construction and design.
We strive to transform your outdoor living space from “ordinary” to “extraordinary”. It requires a keen attention to detail and constant communication from start to finish. That just happens to be our specialty, which is why you’ll get not only a beautiful outdoor space or swimming pool oasis, but an exciting and memorable experience.
How We Work
As the only design build outdoor living company in the Sussex County, Delaware area, we operate a little differently (better we think!) Yes, we are meticulous and we take our time when it comes to the planning and design of your dream space but we believe it sets you up for a finished project you will feel passionate about for years to come. So, while the consultation and design adds a lot of time on the beginning of your timeframe, we believe it is an invaluable investment to explore the full potential of your space.
Once we are lucky enough to receive your call or email inquiry, we work to get back to you within 24 hours.
- We start the conversation with you about what you are looking for, how you use your home, how do you want the space to perform and what your ideal time frame is on your project.
We set an appointment up for our owner and lead designer to meet you at your home, or our office if the home is not yet built. While with you we will ask detailed questions, take fastidious notes, and take pictures to get every detail of your home and yard.
- Prepare for your appointment. Know what features are most important to you and your family – those features are where we will want to proportionately stack your budget. Our appointments tend to range from an hour to an hour and a half while we get to know you.
- We will require your plat plan/most up to date land survey before we arrive on site.
Ashton Group at the Beach is at the forefront of design, sustainability and new products that can enhance your space. Details take time so we like to schedule your design review meeting 2-3 weeks out. The design will include the only 3D renderings being offered in this area, customized to look just like your home and show you what you can expect to see in your project.
- After we meet with you in your home and answer all of your questions, it will be time to sign a preliminary agreement and discuss the design fee. The design fee will be credited back on your project once we have a signed contract and all municipality and HOA approvals.
Come in to our beautiful design studio to view your design on our large screen. Receive your completely customized proposal based on all of our conversations. See your ideas right in front of you and spend time with our owner for any needed changes.
Once the design is finalized you will have the opportunity to select materials right from our extensive material samples on site. Once all of your decisions have been noted your contract will be issued and our team will start to review with our construction team. You will also receive your login to our construction software management program and be able to see you contract, approve selections, and see updated pictures all from an app on your phone!
Getting the Green Light
While you work on your HOA approval, with all of the documents you need provided by us to assist you, and we will work on permits in the city or county, whatever is applicable. Once we have all necessary permits we will reach out to let you know when you can expect construction to commence (weather dependent of course).
- Welcome Meeting – Before we start your project our customer service representative will meet with you in your home to review our construction flow sheet and all welcome documents and make sure all of your questions have been answered
Let’s do this! During the building phase, your backyard will be filled with our team and construction equipment. We will work hard to treat your home as if it is our own. We realize this is probably your first pool and a lot of work so we want you to know you can ask questions at any time and as much as you need to!
- Throughout your project you will receive a weekly update from our customer service team, emailed right to you with highlights on what has happened and the next steps.
- Your construction team will be noting all milestones and loading Builder Trend with pictures for you to see. You will receive updates right from your phone or computer – wherever you choose to use your app.
- Tile and Coping
- Final Finish
- Fill Your New Pool
- Proper Care and Maintenance
- Pool School